Monday, February 29, 2016

writers as readers

1 to be comfortable reading, all i really need is a book. most positions, surfaces and temperatures dont bother me that much. so really as theres enough room for my rather long body and its not freezing or boiling i should be completely fine to read. im not very picky about noise either. i could read in dead silence or in a crowded auditorium. i cant read with music though. i like music too much and i end up just listening to music and not reading so its not very efficient

3 i love the writing style of H.P. Lovecraft. i love the classic and expansive use of the english language. no writer that i have read uses that big of a vocabulary in their works. he uses words that really encapsulate the situation that the book is describing. the vastness of monsters and the horror of what the characters are seeing. i dont try to imitate or avoid any writing styles i just write however feels right to me.

4 my best memory associated with reading is the one summer that my dad handed me a huge book. it was the amazing adventures of kavalier and clay. it was the biggest book i had ever seen and he said if i read it all before the summer ended he would give me $100. it was an interesting book about two jewish cousins in america trying to make fortunes in the comic book industry. i had read it in the short time i had to do it and my dad handed me $100

9  when i finished days of blood and starlight i was sad because it was one of my favorite books and the story is just over. i hate finishing books i love because ill never read it for the first time again. its such a disappointment. like any book that i loved i hate getting to the last pages because ill never feel like that about it again. the next times i read it arent as good so i just have to find a better book. readings just sad.

13 i dont think ill ever write a serious book. if i did it would be horror or nonfiction. my about the outhor would just say hes a pretty cool dude

No comments:

Post a Comment